Watch our short videos:
Research drives development
View this short video to see views of Philip Antwi-Agyei, Environmental Research Scientist, from Ghana and Willie Ganda from Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Zimbabwe.
View this short video to see a publisher's view and a researcher's perspective.
INASP principles – working in practice
Watch this short video to see publishers' views.
Author Archives: Sangita Shrestha
How can publishers, librarians and researchers work together to support the use, production and sharing of research in developing countries?
The 2017 Publishers for Development Conference will explore this question with a programme of international speakers from publishers, country representatives from the South and others involved in research information provision, access and uptake.
Speakers at this year’s PfD meeting include:
- Dr Nilam Ashra-McGrath (COMDIS-Health Service Delivery Research Programme)
- Jennifer Chapin (Programme Manager, Research and Communication, AuthorAID)
- Miriam Conteh-Morgan (University of Sierra Leone)
- Marianne Gill (SAGE Publications)
- Jon Harle (Director of Strengthening Research and Knowledge Systems programme, INASP)
- Dr Siân Harris (INASP Publications and Engagement Manager, INASP)
- Humphrey Keah (Kenya Library and Information Services Consortium, Kenya)
- Usha Ladwa-Thomas (Caplor Horizons adviser)
- Kathy Matsika (Zimbabwe University Libraries Consortium)
- Ruth Mhlanga (Oxfam)
- Dr Beatrice Odera-Kwach (Commission for University Education, Kenya)
- Janet Remmington (Taylor & Francis Group)
- Margaret Sraku-Lartey (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Ghana)
- Farzana Sultana (PhD Scholar, Dept. Information Science and Library Management, University of Dhaka)
- Vasanthi Thevanesam (University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka)
- Dr Md. Nazim Uddin (icddr,b, formerly known as International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh)
Click here to register.
Early bird rate registration is available until 26 June. After this date a higher late registration rate will apply. Registration closes on 7 July.
Opportunity to sponsor: If you would like to sponsor this year’s Publishers for Development meeting contact Mai Skovgaard at firstname.lastname@example.org.